Thursday 9 February 2012

Painting of horses and foal

Unfortunately, my OCA drawing course fell by the wayside after the second assignment, due a lack of time and commitment on my part.
But I have started painting again and I hope to continue this blog and in doing so, will produce new stuff. 

                                                         'Foal - 10 minutes old' 
                                                                Oil on canvas 2012
I focused on the mare in this painting, to try and portray the sudden rush of maternal instincts following the hard efforts in producing her first foal. 

                                                        'Shelter from the flies'
                                                         Watercolour on paper 2011
The same mare and foal, about four months later, with a hunter, in the heat of the summer.
I don't think I managed to show the depth of the field shelter adequately.

No comments:

Post a Comment